Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Food is SOOO Good and You Feel SOOO Good

I got quite a few comments on the Mayer Grashin Interview that I sent out in one of my newsletters. People were inspired and impressed at the CHANGES that Mayer made in his life. It was such a popular interview, I decided to post it on my blog for perpetuity. (Posted below)

When I ate dinner last night, I thought, "Wow, this is what Mayer said in his interview." When you eat good food, you feel good. When you overeat and eat the "wrong" things, you do NOT feel good afterwards! My dinner last night was a sauteed onion, which I added leftover cooked broccoli and then added some cooked quinoa. I added a little No-Chicken Broth (Imagine Soups) to the whole shebang, and mmm, it tasted so warm, filling and healthy. I had gotten out of the habit of eating quinoa for a main protein, but I think I'll start using it again.

Weight Watchers helps us choose healthier foods over the myriads of choices we are offered everyday. Our economy thrives on getting us to try new things. One of the ways corporations build their bottom line is by inventing new foods for us to spend our money on. As consumers, we are often looking for something new and exciting; companies want to take advantage of that fact.

Fact is, Weight Watchers maintain their weight by eating a lot of the same food items over and over again. And these are often NOT the newly invented or restaurant-featured foods. Many of us fall into a pattern of a few choice healthy meals and we make them over and over. Okay, there are some of you out there with the cookbooks, constantly trying new things- but lots of us just make the same favorites again and again. And this is a good thing! It is easy and it works.

Healthy food- the foods you lose on and then maintain on- make you feel good. They're good for you- you feel so satisfied when you eat a delicious Weight Watchers meal. You feel great at the end of a successful Weight Watchers day! We don't have to fall prey to trying new food products when the healthy basics keep us feeling good and looking good.

Campbells Soup commercials used to say, "MMM, good." That's what I think every time I make a healthy Weight Watchers meal! How about  you?

No comments: