Sunday, December 12, 2010

Interview with Successful Member Maureen!

          
ONE YEAR CAN SURE MAKE A DIFFERENCE!


Meet Maureen. She's been a member in our meeting for almost a year.
I am a radio personality, Rock DJ, Top 40, and most recently a news anchor in Los Angeles. I have voiced hundreds of commercials and acted in many.  I am training a new person to be my partner for a radio talk show.  We're not on the air here yet but all radio shows are being webcast now so we have to look good! I also work for channel 9 hosting the rock concerts and begging for money!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interview between Leader Laurie and Member Maureen- 12/10/10

L: What made you decide to come to WWers?
M: I had lost 65 pounds on Weight Watchers 4 years ago and quite going to meetings before I went on maintenance. I slowly gained most of the weight back. I decided to get back to Weight Watchers and retrain myself how to eat real food in a healthy way before I gained all of the 65 pounds back.
L: How much weight have you lost so far? How long did it take?
M:  I decided that slow may be better because I really wanted my brain to become acclimated to healthy eating and good choices. I began Dec 15th 2009 and have lost almost 42 pounds. I am 1 pound away from goal!
L:  What do people say to you if they haven’t seen you for a long time? Do you tell them you are a Weight Watchers member?
M:  People cannot believe how much better I look. They really are shocked and I always tell them I couldn’t have done it without Weight Watchers.
L: What is your favorite thing about losing all this weight?
M:  I’m single and am being asked out by many guys! It seems every part of my life is positively affected by becoming slimmer and healthier. I sometimes work on TV and am not afraid of the cameras anymore.
L: Can you share with us your go-to breakfast or lunch meal?
M:  Nearly every morning I have egg substitute with veggies and fat free cheese in a whole wheat taco shell…with fruits.
L: I see that you embraced the new PointsPlus program immediately. If you had already lost 40 lbs, were you hesitant about trying something new when something old worked so well?
M:  I keep my attitude positive. If Weight Watchers has gotten me this far then I’m going to trust their months of research and focus and embrace this new program. We all know exercise is important but we wish it wasn’t! It’s after losing 42 pounds that I’m not afraid of change.
L: I noticed you bought our new PointsPlus scale. Have you found it useful?  Do you think it enhances the PointsPlus experience to own an electronic scale?
M: I keep my points calculator in my car to take to the grocery store and restaurants and use my scale to calculate points at home.  There are so many foods in the database already and this scale weighs the food, calculates the points and saves the info which saves me time.
L: I notice that you almost always stay for the meetings. What do you get out of the meeting experience?
M:  I come in anticipation that our fearless leader will play WW Jeopardy again! I always learn something helpful at the meetings from our leader and other members and I need a sense of accountability.
L: Do you have any words of wisdom to share with our readers?
M:  Last year I felt my life was spinning out of control and decided the one thing I could control was my health and weight. I decided that always having a positive attitude about my struggle would really help. Some weeks were great some weeks weren’t so great… but I knew I could get over any hurdles and plateaus if I planned, tracked and moved! As for food choices…”I don’t invite the enemy home!” 

2 comments:

TeeEss said...

Bravo, Maureen! I especially loved your ending quote about "the enemy", very insightful and easier said than done! And thank you, Laurie, for the excellent interview questions ... fortunately, "digesting" Maureen's nicely-highlighted answers also fits in with your 0 PointsPlus program - lots of nutritious food for thought, zero fat and calories!

Leader Laurie said...

Just so everyone knows- Maureen is now a Weight Watchers LEADER in Burien. She's taken her enthusiasm and has channeled that to help others. Way to Go, Maureen.
If you are interested in working for Weight Watchers, let me know. I'd love to fill you in.