Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The New POINTSPLUS Program

Yesterday the new POINTSPLUS program "launched." Crowds were reported all over the country,  from Florida,  New York and of course, Seattle. I attended a Sunday morning meeting (incognito) and loved the buzz in the room. Even I was excited and I knew what was coming! The lady sitting next to me was hugging her new Deluxe Member Kit and was excited about beginning a brand new program with all the tools she needed in one place.

One meeting in New York reported 150 people! And have you noticed- there really hasn't been advertising for the new program?- it is really just from the Weight Watchers website and word of mouth. Wait till the advertising starts at the end of December. Watch out for packed meeting rooms full of post-holiday New Year-resolution members.

Why are people so excited now? Because this is the best plan Weight Watchers has ever put together. Years in the testing- Europe has been doing it for 2 years already- people are enthusiastic about the livability of the POINTSPLUS program. (I am loving the "free fruit." Warning: you cannot mix the old program with the new one!)


Because of the buzz, we are gearing up to open early for you. Normally we start weighing in folks about 9:30 AM but this Thursday, 12/2, we will open for business at 9:20 AM. (If you haven't been with us for a while, go ahead and come in early and we'll set you up with your paperwork.) You can come ANYTIME to weigh-in and register between 9:20 and 10 AM; we plan to start the meeting promptly at 10 because there is so much material to cover. You really want to be seated on time to receive the full introduction to the new program.

As I get close to the beginning of my fifth year as a leader, I am proud to be able to serve you the tastiest, healthiest and most livable program I've ever seen. It beats the WWer plan I started on in 1972 or the one I experienced in 1982! It is the best of the best. See you December 2nd?

No comments: