Sunday, October 28, 2007

Laurie's Story

I lost 48 pounds with the WW program though I had to join 5 or 6 times to finally get there!I joined WW for the first time at age 14; I lasted a week! When I turned 16, I joined again and had much more success, but then started sabotaging my progress by chewing gum (which was allowed- but obviously not in the quantities I was using. I was mainlining sugar!)My weight continued to climb through my late teens, hitting a high when I was 20 years old.
I HATED being overweight but I never stuck to the program carefully enough. Maybe if we'd have had the food choices we have now, I'd have been more successful. BUT, finally, finally, I had a Winning Outcome. I wanted to be a WW Leader. Changing your life is easier when you have an end goal in mind. (That is why we often go over the Winning Outcome tool during the meeting.)
After my 25th birthday I hit goal. It was a joyous day and life was good! I was able to maintain my weight and I jumped into being a WW Leader. (I had to stop leading soon after because of difficult pregnancies.)
My weight went up and down for the next fifteen years as I experienced high risk pregnancies and miscarriages. I gained plenty every time I was pregnant. After each of these, I had to lose it all over again!
After my last child was born, I was pleased that it only took me nine months to lose that weight... and I've been at goal for the last ten years. It feels good, it feels fantastic.
As I see our county and our world getting heavier and heavier- now 65% of America is overweight or obese- I want to do something to help. I believe WW is the BEST thing out there to get a handle on overeating and changing habits. I'm honored to be in a position where I can help people make a difference in their lives.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Laurie,
Way to go girl! You've done a wonderful job here and I am sure that your members will enjoy it.
Melanie

Anonymous said...

Great idea. This blog makes your informative newsletter available to whoever wants to enjoy it. I think "blogging" is the way to go.

:-D :-D