Sunday, June 9, 2013

TRACKING - a Dieter's Best Friend

Seriously, I am a TRACKER now and I LOVE it. Why have I gotten so into tracking? Receptionist Laurie and Leader Laurie have a challenge going on. We have committed to a certain number of PPVs (PointsPlus Values) per day and we have to pay the other a dollar if we go over. We are both trying to lose a few pounds to get to our "happy weight." (For people hanging out around goal- there is the weight that you usually weigh and then there is the weight that you feel really good at- your "happy weight.")

We had a slow start! Our first week I went over my committed PPVs the first four days. I thought, "Whoa! This is not easy!" We chalked up the first week to "practice," and now we are both rolling along with greater success.

TWO BIG TOOLS:

1. I am using my tracker. I am in love with my tracker. I see what a good friend my tracker is! (It's more than a little humbling that it has taken me so long to become an expert tracker.) My tracker has given me the following insights:
1.    I'm much more careful about what goes in my mouth when I have to write it down.
2.    It stops me from over-nibbling in the evenings- a big accomplishment.
3.    It makes me plan and balance my meals better.
4.    It is KEY (did you hear KEY?!) to losing weight.
            2.    Having a buddy. A friendly competition, someone to check in with, someone who cares- these things can make a difference. We are supporting each other.

Do you have someone in your life for extra support? Some people join WW with a buddy. Others come to our meeting room and MAKE a friend. They begin a relationship outside the meeting room through walks or emails and lend extra support. Take advantage of this opportunity.

Back to tracking. Make your tracker your friend. You will love this friend. This is the kind of friend that is the real deal. She will tell you when you've been great and when you need a tune-up. She will give you the info you need in black and white to be successful. And remember our favorite saying:
ONLY TRACK ON THE DAYS YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT!


No comments: